Winter Salad with Pears & Bacon
After all of the holiday indulgences, I feel like its time to lighten things up a little. A quick salad composed of baby spinach tossed with slivers of pear, toasted almonds, dried cranberries, and smokey bacon will make a simple satisfying meal on a snowy January day without a lot of fuss.
This recipe will make one generous portion or two smaller side salads.
- 2 strips smoked bacon- cut into lardon
- 3 or 4 handfuls baby spinach - washed and dried
- 1 pear - halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds - lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
First cook your bacon. Over medium high heat, fry the bacon lardon in a small skillet until crispy, and drain on a sheet of paper towel.
Next, make your dressing.
Combine the following ingredients in a small jar with a lid, and shake vigorously to emulsify.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Simply toss together all of the components of your salad with the dressing, and serve.